Thursday, May 08, 2008

A windows server 2003 Artilce for Your Viewing

windows server 2003 and More

HostGator Review - Great Plans, Horrible Service!

Sun, 09 Mar 2008 20:14:57 +0000

Fellow blogger and internet marketer Josh Spaulding sounds off about his recent experiences with HostGator in this customer review.


OK, I know I told you I’d be reducing the number of rants that I publish on this blog. Well, since I’m about to start http://www.crackerjackseo.com/ (newly registered) I’ve decided to start ranting once again right here. So all my long, how-to’s etc. related to SEO will be published at crackerjackseo and all my other Internet marketing musings, including rants will reside here.


About 12 hours ago I ordered a dedicated server through HostGator. During the ordering process I chose PayPal as my payment option (I wasn’t asked for my PayPal email.


Order was complete, nothing was charged. A few minutes later I received a call from a HostGator rep telling me they need my PayPal email to get this going. No problem. I provided the email and was told my server would be up within 24 hours. I also replied to a ticket telling them my PayPal email just to be sure.


-PayPal email given to HostGator twice-


This morning I wake up and see an email from HostGator. I open it up and I see login details. The server is up and ready, right? Of course not.


They reinstated a reseller account I had over a year ago. Not that it matters, but that didn’t even work trying to login through the provided IP, UN and PW.


I call HostGator to see what’s up. I get some kid (sounded like he was about 16 y.o., who sounded mad at the world.) He very rudely said “You’ll just have to wait for your ticket to be replied to, Sir”


After hanging up I got a little P.O. and called back. This time I spoke with a helpful female agent, but after 15 minutes or so I was told I need to reorder the server because a PayPal email wasn’t sent. About that time I thought this was some kind of joke! I had given it to the guy who called me, I replied to the ticket with the PayPal email and I had given it to her. Yet, they were unable to charge me and fix this big mess.


-PayPal email given to HostGator for the 3rd time-


By the way, while I was on the phone with her I received another email from HostGator stating that I need to go to some URL to change my primary domain and I need to pay $5 for that to happen.


So, I figured I might as well just order and get this all over and done with (thinking they would take care of it right away.) I said “OK, I’ll just reorder.” She said OK, the people who set it up are gone right now, so they should get to this later today sometime. “When?” …”I don’t know”


Does HostGator even care whether they make a sale or not? I mean, I don’t care how much money I make, if I have a customer who is ready and willing to give me $200 EVERY MONTH I’m going to bend over backwards for them!


Now I’m in a predicament. It took me 2 weeks of looking at various dedicated server deals and nothing compared to what HostGator had to offer for the price. I don’t want to spend over 200/month for a server, but it looks like I’m going to have to.


The best deal in the world isn’t worth it if the support is the worst in the world!






No RatingShare This

My advice for most dedicated servers would be this: go for the one that has the most RAM. Then only try to compare processors. RAM is much more important than you'd think for servers, especially if you have database driven apps.

Geek of the Week

Sun, 04 May 2008 16:00:42 +0000
Congratulations to this weeks geek Matt. This weeks questions are…
1. What system uses this joystick?
2.  What system uses this joystick?
3.  What system uses this joystick?
4.  What system uses this joystick?
5.  What system uses this joystick?
Managed Blog Hosting - Looking to start your own blog but don’t want to get stuck with installing, maintaing and ...]

Mr. Parsons explained, ”Nobody can speak for me or communicate my thoughts like I do, right? It may be a little rough around the edges and it keeps our legal department on their toes, but posting a video blog, or vlog, is one of the best ways to ensure my message isn’t diluted, convoluted or.. muted.”

Recommended windows server 2003 Items




Lunar Pages is the best host I've ever used. They excel in customer support. I
have had many questions about design issues and they helped me even though it
was not included. They have an outstanding community with 15,000 members -
Lunarforums - which is very informative if you've any questions or issue. The
questions get often answered in under 3 minutes. Their uptime is fantastic, I
noticed only 2 minutes downtime last year. When I signed up for Lunarpages, the
web space was 800 MB and bandwidth 20 GB. Now the web space is 3,000 MB and
bandwidth 400 GB (they upgraded my account free of charge). Seriously, they are
the best service around, couldn't ask for better.



Click Here to go to Lunar Pages
website.



We have not left any stone unturned in compiling this article on windows server 2003. If you do find any unturned stones, do contact us!
#







Championcatalog.com
Easy to use Apple designed web templates with single click publishing to .Mac


host gator domain
|

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, uggs outlet, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin, tiffany jewelry, christian louboutin uk, gucci handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet online, nike outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, nike free, uggs outlet, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, replica watches, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, prada handbags, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet online, polo outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses wholesale, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, burberry handbags, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet

5:35 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

replica handbags, michael kors, true religion outlet, true religion jeans, nike tn, hogan outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, nike air max uk, converse pas cher, polo ralph lauren, nike air force, hollister uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike roshe run uk, hollister pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, north face uk, michael kors pas cher, timberland pas cher, lululemon canada, nike free run, burberry pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors, guess pas cher, nike free uk, ralph lauren uk, ray ban uk, polo lacoste, true religion outlet, new balance, longchamp pas cher, nike air max uk, sac hermes, jordan pas cher, louboutin pas cher, coach purses, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, nike roshe, coach outlet store online, air max, nike air max, vans pas cher, kate spade, coach outlet, mulberry uk, north face, ray ban pas cher, oakley pas cher

5:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0709
longchamp handbags
cheap football shirts
tods outlet
dolce and gabbana
moncler jackets
kate spade outlet
fred perry polo shirts
basketball jerseys
pandora outlet
mulberry bags




10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home